Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In which Matthew is busier than Sarah Palin

I'm stressed, so my sense of humor is shot and I may be balding at an alarming rate. The funniest thing I've said all week was when, at a party last weekend, I asked the co-founder of the Château Pétrogasm wine blog if he could find a good wine pairing with my scrotum; as for the least funny thing, it's a toss-up among various melodramatic outbursts of frustration (including one later on at that same party) that have taken hold since Election Day. Prop 8 is probably one culprit, that bloody personal trainer I saw (on what money?) didn't help, but mainly it's loss of sleep. I wish I could say that, like La Palin, I still looked fabulous regardless. But I haven't shaved in millennia. There's a free clean-up appointment for me at the salon later today if I make it through teaching today with no murder counts on my record.

No comments: