Saturday, November 1, 2008

ask anna, vol. 2

SHE: Welcome to IKEA. I'm Anna, IKEA USA's Automated Online Assistant. You can ask me about IKEA and our products and our services. How can I help you today?

ME: Happy Halloween!

SHE: I'm very sorry, but I can't really talk about things like that at this time.

ME: I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

SHE: If you are having problems with an IKEA product or service, please let me know and I will be glad to help!

ME: No -- sleep. I want to sleep.

SHE: Don't let me stop you. I'll be right here whenever you need to talk to me again.

ME: I keep thinking about the election.

SHE: I'm not here to talk about history or politics, sorry.

ME: I guess that is kind of rude of me -- you're on the job, after all.

SHE: We have outlined our views in the document 'The IKEA Way on Purchasing Home Furnishing Products'. This document is our code of conduct that states the minimum demands expected of all IKEA suppliers. It defines IKEA's requirements regarding social and working conditions, child labor, environment and forestry.

ME: I'm sorry if I offended you.

SHE: I am sorry. What would you like to know about IKEA?

ME: Well...

SHE: Thanks. I am happy that you thought that was good.

ME: You're quick, Anna, and very smart.

SHE: I have a vast knowledge base with lots of information about IKEA, our products and services. Ask me a question about IKEA and test me yourself.

ME: Any question?

SHE: I think you're confused or trying to ask me a question, but I need more than that to give you a proper answer. Please try again.

ME: Okay.

SHE: Very well.

ME: How has the economic crisis affected IKEA's stocks and shareholders?

SHE: Because we are privately held, IKEA is not traded on the stock market and does not have shares available.

ME: I'm glad you're staying safe.

SHE: It's nice to be that way.

ME: I should go to bed.

SHE: Well, if you say so.

ME: Good night, Anna.

SHE: I don't sleep, but thanks anyway. Goodnight.

No comments: