Monday, October 13, 2008

In which Matthew kills you softly

Sometimes I'll cut and paste the same chat between windows to save time. Especially when I'm procrastinating. You know you do it too.

ME: Wait, stop distracting me from my dissertation proposal.
HE: sorry! taking garbage out and cleaning up after a weekend in westchester
ME: w00t Westchester
ME: Whoa, when I say it like that it really makes me want to pronounce the zeroes
HE: you know, i've come to like that place more and more with time
ME: Oh fuck, I have now learned that I am not the only person in the Scandinavian Department this late, and so I should not be playing the Fugees this loudly on the office computer
HE: that's got to be the first time those words have ever appeared in that order...

ME: Write my prospectus for me?
ME: I'll pay you in song
SHE: mmm... i'm not sure you'd be happy with the results
ME: Oh fuck, I have now learned that I am not the only person in the Scandinavian Department this late, and so I should not be playing the Fugees this loudly on the office computer
SHE: the second premise does not follow from the first.

I should probably get back to work.

Yes, I'm still in the Scandinavian Department. I need to get my laptop back.

No comments: