Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 4: No Dice

cardiomachine: 20 mins bike, 15 mins elliptical
(read Felicity Heal's REFORMATION IN BRITAIN AND IRELAND)
stretching: yes
pushups: 20
crunches: 30
breakfast: leftover pot pie, vitamins
lunch: the remains of the pot pie; it is now all gone
apartment clean: yes, I even mopped the floor

Today was my first really productive day in a little while. Of course, it was productive only in the sense that I learned that the major editors' commentary on a key passage of the Chester plays (the dice game), around which my second chapter is supposed to orbit, is, well... completely wrong. Their grasp of medieval dicing terminology is not as tight as they made it sound. It's a minor point to the editors, surely, but to me... well. Then again, this whole hard drive thing has shaken up my dissertation brain in some good ways, potentially really productive ways, and the upheaval about the dice game is probably going to turn out to reveal something more complex and interesting than I had planned.

In other words, I AM ONLY EVEN CONSIDERING OPTIMISM ON ALL FRONTS UNTIL MY HARD DRIVE IS RETURNED TO ME.

No comments: