Friday, August 29, 2008

In which Matthew makes a pun and a gaffe

My Facebook profile, a few minutes ago:
Matthew was Biden his time, but now he's Palin in comparison. Also, we're fucked.
The punny level here is, granted, high, and it prompted a couple of friendly "dude you're a comic genius" comments from some old friends. But out of left field Joe of all people called me out for being politically irresponsible here: the choice of Palin is a publicity stunt, and a lame one, and only is effective if it actually succeeds in scaring liberals. A kind of "if you let the bastards scare you then they've already won" approach. Which, from the man who coined the now-popular "tell me what your dissertation is about and I'll tell you whether it's gay, and by gay I mean retarded," was a shock of seriousness indeed. So I've switched it up:
Matthew knows that McCain's choice of Palin is as hollow and fake a gesture as Palin's smile.
And I challenged Joe to come up with something bitchier. Because hey, bitchy is what we do. I've also just sent an email to the parodist behind Welcome to My Home, Deven Green, asking her to do to Sarah Palin what she's done to Brenda Dickson.

Ladies, start your engines.

No comments: