Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 15 (<21): Bad Bad Dobby

cardio: 10 mins rope, 15 mins wii
stretching: yes
pushups: twenty
crunches: thirty
breakfast: gouda, sourdough toast, apple, vitamins
lunch: two eggs, "home fries" (potatoes, onions, tempeh, zucchini)
apartment clean?: approachably

Haiku:

I'm a fat ass waste.
Even my video games
call me overweight.

Yes, that's right, I've crossed over into "Overweight" by Wii Fit standards.

But at the end of a very unfit week, I did send to my advisor a reasonable excuse for a second chapter draft-in-progress. Reasonable enough. I workshopped it with some colleagues on Friday and they liked it. So we'll see.

Suddenly there is all this creative writing to do in the meantime. Randy wants me to adapt Measure for Measure to modern political scandals, but still in verse. I'm writing the verse component to a storybook gift that my friends are putting together for our other friend. And Ara wants me to write the book for the Where the Wild Things Are children's musical adaptation at her new theater teaching job in Marin.

I'm glad I'm sort of becoming the go-to guy for playwriting among my friends. But now I'll have to deliver on something more than haiku.

No comments: