Saturday, January 17, 2009

In which Matthew writes a POEM

Last night I got bored, sitting at the light board, waiting for Ara's perpetually delayed house manager to give the go sign. So I decided to try my hand at writing a POEM. I know I'm not very good at POEMS, but all I had to hand were a pen, a notebook, and a bunch of pretty buttons, so I needed something to distract myself. This is the POEM I came up with:


          curry favor
          curry in a hurry
green curry
          curry the horse
          currier & ives

        carry on
        carry a torch
hari kari
        carrie bradshaw
voices carry


          corey haim
          corey feldman
north korea


The word you're looking for, by the way, is brilliant.

3 comments:

Sharon K. Goetz said...

Hara kiri?

I suppose the irony is part of the art. :P

Matthew said...

OED: "hara-kiri... Also corruptly hari-kari, hurry-curry."

That is TOTALLY what I had in mind, it was IRONIC, I am EXTREMELY culturally literate, comma splice.

Sigh. There go my chances at laureate.

Erin said...

I miss your blog